Dot's Thoughts

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

CHUCKLES----


Last year I replaced all the windows in my house with that expensive double-pane energy efficient kind, and today, I got a call from the contractor who installed them. He was complaining that the work had been completed a whole year ago and I still hadn't paid for them.

Hellloooo,............just because I'm blonde doesn't mean that I am automatically stupid. So, I told him just what his fast talking sales guy had told me last year, that in ONE YEAR these windows would pay for themselves! Helllooooo? It's been a year! I told him.

There was only silence at the other end of the line, so I finally just hung up. He never called back. I bet he felt like an idiot.


What’s Real?

I hate to find out I have been deceived, taken for a ride, swindled.

I like to read Marni in the Saturday paper. She talks about interior decorating. Last week she went to a tile show. Modern photography has made “fake” look so real, it is almost impossible to tell the difference.

I have observed that in every arena of life, lawyers, merchants, and thieves have perfected deception. This has happened in my lifetime; a few short years. We have to be so careful to not be fooled.

I think of all the religions out there. Most of them are really good people. They all believe they will go to heaven when they die. Who is right? Some believe they are all right. What we believe can have eternal consequences if we find we are wrong. But by then, it’s too late.

The Bible, which I believe to be absolute truth, says that there is no other way to God but through Jesus, who gave His life for our life. We were condemned because God can’t tolerate sin. Jesus took our punishment for us.(John 3:16). There is no other way to see God. Check out in your Bible Acts 4:12 and John 14:6 . Galatians 1:8 says even if an angel tells you there is another way, don’t believe them.

I pray we will all not be deceived, but can tell the real from fake.

Dot

No comments:

Post a Comment